Career Ventures, Inc., is passionate about working with people who are Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing, Blind and Low Vision in preparing, obtaining and maintaining employment. Our employees enjoy the variety offered in their work day, a venue for professional growth and a real opportunity to make a difference. We are seeking dynamic individuals to join our team.
Position: Employment Specialist / Occupation Communication Specialist (OCS), Metro Area
Part time Pay based on experience.
The Employment Specialist / OCS plays a critical role in setting up the consumer for success within the consumer’s employment setting. The Employment Specialist may work with the consumer during any phase of the employment process. The ultimate goal of the Employment Specialist / OCS is to ensure that once the consumer is hired, the appropriate accommodations are in place, the consumer is trained, aware of employer expectations and is integrated into their work-place.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the newly hired consumer receives access to their on-boarding process.
• Facilitate communication as needed.
• Provide training and technical consultation services to employers.
• Participate in team meetings and training when appropriate.
• Document activities and services provided.
• Work evenings and weekends in addition to daytime hours.
Successful candidates will have:
• A passion for working with people who are Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing, Blind and Low Vision.
• Proficient American Sign Language skills.
• Proficient English skills.
• A desire to grow professionally and personally.
• Effective interpersonal skills to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
• The ability to work with various levels of management across organizations.
• Outstanding problem solving skills.
• Flexibility in their schedule to accommodate assignments.
• Basic computer skills.
• Competency in navigating the internet.
• Proficiency in writing professional reports.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
*Upon a job offer, the candidate must be able to pass a legal and driving background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Wendy DeVore, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.