Consider Working for the State of Minnesota
The State of Minnesota works hard to ensure that our employees enjoy their career with us. Our philosophy is simple: There are four key elements that make life and work meaningful: Health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life balance. Do you currently have a resume on file or are you considering a career with the State of Minnesota? The State of Minnesota would be thrilled to have a larger number of qualified Deaf, DeafBlind and hard of hearing employees. This is why we improved the online application process. Please watch this video.
State of Minnesota to launch new online job application system Dec. 8
We are excited to announce that we will launch a new State of Minnesota online job application system called “Recruiting Solutions” on December 8, 2015. The new system is more user friendly and will offer a better job search and application experience. Once the system is up, we will be continually improving it and asking for your feedback and suggestions to help make it even better.
Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) developed Recruiting Solutions to improve the state recruiting and hiring process and to support the state’s work around diversity and inclusion.
State employees will access Recruiting Solutions through Employee Self Service. By signing on through Self Service, applicants can avoid going through the applicant registration process and see job postings, including jobs that are only open to state employees.
With the new system you can:
• Upload a unique and tailored resume for each job
• Automatically fill in portions of your application using your uploaded resume
• Identify your qualifications by answering simple questions
• Reset your user ID and password automatically
• Send electronic messages to recruiters
• Track where you are in the application process
• Sign up to receive notifications about new openings
1. Your resume and information will not transfer from the old system to the new one.
2. The old system will shut down on December 4. You cannot access the old system after that time.
3. The new system will be available starting December 8.
What do I need to do?
We encourage you to visit our current job application system to retrieve and save your most recent resume and application documents. It’s easy – follow these steps:
1. Log in to our current job application system using your username and password
2. Click “Resume Builder” from the top navigation menu
3. Click “View Submitted Resume”
4. Save your resume as a Word document or PDF
5. When you apply for a state job after December 8, you can create a new account and upload your resume into the new system.
Stay up to date by visiting the “Coming Soon” page at http://www.mn.gov/careers.